Fine Jewelry Care/Bridal FAQ's
Do I have to live in NYC to have fine jewelry/engagement ring designed?
Not at all! We have clients all over the globe, and can work with anyone over the phone and via email. We can even do a Skype session. Being based in the NYC Diamond District, we create our engagement rings at wholesale prices and top quality. We also work with countless gemstones including Tanzanite, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, and Tourmaline to name a few. Our Fine Jewelry gallery is just a glimpse of the pieces we have designed.
Can you design a piece of jewelry with a stone I already have?
We love to create special jewelry with gemstones or diamonds you have inherited or already own. It's one of our favorite projects, because we can be creative together! We can produce anything from an engagement ring, to pendants, cocktail rings, and more. We can show you plenty of examples we've already designed to give you ideas if you are unsure what you want to do.
What are the price ranges for your fine jewelry?
We can work with any price range to create a quality piece for you.
What's the time frame for the engagement ring process?
We start with an private consultation in which we establish your budget, vision, and general direction for your project. We will use our worldwide database and network of local diamond dealers to find you the perfect loose diamond and make sure we give you a few fabulous options and let you make the choice. The intricacy of the setting will determine how long it will take to complete the entire ring. On average, it's best to give us a full month to ensure your custom creation comes out perfect.
Have a tight window? No problem! We'll have incredible engagement rings that are ready to go in all sizes, qualities, and price ranges. Just let us know, and we'll get some pictures out to you and get it going for your right away. We'll do our very best to meet your deadline and make your engagement proposal a tremendous success.
I know someone who bought a diamond online, isn't that easier?
We strongly advise you to not purchase a diamond centerstone online. While only 10% of the world’s diamonds are listed online, Cassy has relationships with dealers worldwide! The GIA grading system determines a diamond’s general quality. This is very reliable, but there are quirks that make each diamond respond visually in a different way than the numbers might suggest. For example, two Round Brilliant Diamonds of the same weight both rated H color SI2 clarity by the GIA can be drastically different. One diamond can have less fire and brilliance, or imperfections/marks/inclusions that are more visible to the naked eye, or strong fluorescence, or cut to smaller, less desirable proportions. This is something you can’t grasp online, and that's why you need an expert to guide you through the process. That being said, we are here to help! We promise to provide you with an exceptional product at an unparalleled price, guaranteed. :)
Fine Jewelry Care Instructions
- Take off your jewelry before your daily rituals such as showering, applying lotion or perfume, exercising, or washing dishes. Place jewelry in a safe holding area or small dish nearby.
- Before bedtime, lay your jewelry (chains, bracelets, bangles, and necklaces) out flat to avoid tangling/scratching.
- Purchase a jar jewelry cleaner at your local drug store or online. Example: Connoisseurs Precious Jewelry Cleaner is a great inexpensive and effective option. Soak your fine jewelry, lightly brush, and then rinse off with water afterwards.
- Sometimes your ring will spin around if it’s top heavy or in colder seasons when your fingers shrink. This can also be the case if your knuckle is bigger than your finger. There are ways of making a ring snugger without sizing it. One way we can remedy this problem is through installing two “balls” or “speed bumps;” these are small pieces of gold soldered on the inside bottom of your ring and are used to grip the fleshy part of your finger. They are great for small size changes and are also used to prevent your ring from spinning. I also recommend rubber spring guard sizers found online for minor adjustments.
- Every year you should have your jewelry examined and checked. Call us to set up a maintenance appointment. We’ll make sure your prongs are staying tight on all your jewelry items and that you don’t have any loose stones.
- At CSJ, we take great pride in our exceptional quality and craftsmanship. However, jewelry by its very nature is delicate. If you should need a repair on your piece of fine jewelry, it will be assessed on an individual basis and a quote will be rendered to you.